FUE hair transplant is another popular method of hair transplant. The method uses small tools to cut around follicular units and collect them one by one. After collecting the hair follicles from the donor area, the doctor will then transplant them to the affected area of your scalp. This process does not need stitches, and this makes recovery quick.
Unlike FUT hair transplant, FUE will not leave you with any scars because no skin was cut. You will only have small dots that were created by graft removal. These scars are less noticeable, and you can wear short hairstyles if you want. If you are going through hair loss, FUE is fit for you. But if you are thick or unhealthy in the donor area, this procedure is not fit for you. FUE hair transplant has become one of the most popular procedures because it does not lead to hair plugs and is also less invasive.
FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
During the hair transplant process, the doctor will, first of all, shave the donor area. This area is where he will collect the hair follicles. He will also shave the area where balding or hair loss has occurred. After shaving, he will then use a micro punch tool to collect the hair follicles from your scalp.
The doctor will then make some small incisions with a needle, and then he will insert the extracted hair follicles in these incisions. After that, he will then clean and bandage the area for recovery. The FUE hair transplant process is mostly done on the scalp. You can as well go for this process if you are losing hair elsewhere in your body. It is performed on your arms, legs, and also your genital area.
Preparing for FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
Here are a few of the things you need to do before you undergo an FUE hair transplant.
· Ensure that you do not smoke for at least a day before the hair transplant surgery
· Also, make sure not to drink alcohol for at least three days before the procedure
· Do not take any blood thinners for about two weeks before the surgery
· Make sure not to cut your hair before the hair transplant surgery
· Ensure that you do a scalp massage for at least thirty minutes every day for a few weeks before the surgery. Doing this will increase the blood flow into your scalp
· Avoid taking antidepressants for about two weeks before the surgery
· Also, make sure to take medications like minoxidil that your doctor tells you to take
· Before the hair transplant surgery, ensure that you have an electrocardiogram and blood test
FUE Hair Transplant Cost
FUE hair transplant process consists of sessions. These sessions cost between $4000 and $15000. A many sessions process may cost up to $50000 or more. The real cost depends on the number of sessions or how many doctors perform the hair transplant procedure. The price also depends on how frequently the surgeon performs the procedure or the doctor’s experience.
FUE hair transplant is cosmetic, and therefore, you will have to pay from your pocket. Health insurance companies do not cover this process. But still, you can talk to your doctor and see whether or not they can cover for you.
You will have to pay for medications to relieve pain or other possible complications. When considering cost, also ensure that you factor out time off work. You will have to stay at home for at least four days, and most companies will not cover this under medical leave policies.
Risks or Side Effects
You will not get any scars from FUE hair transplant because it does not involve any skin cutting. You will only have small white dots where the hair follicles were collected. These dots will fade as time goes by, though.
If you experience the following side effects, make sure to call your doctor
· Some infection signs
· Drainage or crust in the area where the surgery took place
· Any pain or swelling around the surgery area
· Also, if you experience follicle swelling
· Some bleeding from the scalp
· Also, if you feel numbness or tingling in the surgery area
· If you see the transplanted hair that does not resemble the hair around it
· If balding or hair loss goes on even after the surgery
The Aftercare Instructions
FUE hair transplant has a quick recovery. You may feel some mild swelling or discomfort for a few days, and then they will go away. After the hair transplant procedure, your doctor will give you the following instructions;
· You are not supposed to shower or wash your hair for about three days.
· Ensure that you use mild shampoos on your hair for a few days after the surgery.
· After the hair transplant surgery, the doctor will advise you to take a few days off work. This rest will help to speed up recovery.
· Ensure you do not comb or brush your new hair for at least three weeks after the surgery
· Do not wear hats, beanies, or clothing covering your head until the doctor gives the go-ahead.
· If you are in any workout routine, make sure to pause it for one week. This will help to recover fast and also avoid getting infections caused by a seat.
You may see some of your hair falling out during the healing process. The falling is normal, and so you should not worry. The hair is falling to make room for the newly transplanted hair. In about three months, you will see the results of the surgery. Your hair may not grow as thick as expected because it depends on the health of the hair.
Make sure to follow these instructions for a quicker recovery. Also, doing this will help you to avoid some risks and complications.
FUE hair transplant is a less invasive process that is fit for everyone going through hair loss if the outcome after the procedure is natural and permanent. If you want to go for this treatment, make sure you do more research on the best surgeon. Going for the best clinics and doctors will enable you to get the best results. You will also have to follow all the aftercare instructions to avoid severe risks and complications.