Although there are various remedies for stretch marks, from creams to cosmetic surgery, atrophic striae can be difficult to eliminate. Some remedies are, for some women, really too expensive. But there is a way to make them disappear immediately and effectively: hide the stretch marks with makeup.
It is possible to do it independently in different ways that we will describe in detail in this article.
The best foundation to cover stretch marks on the body
First of all, to hide stretch marks or scars in general, we recommend Dermablend, a covering foundation for stretch marks and scars produced by Vichy. The product is available in three shades (light, medium, tan) and has a creamy, soft and light water resistant consistency.
To use it on the body just take a knob of product and spread it on the affected area. The foundation is resistant to water and sweat with a maximum duration of 16 hours. The price in the pharmacy is 39$ per 100ml of product but it is found on Amazon for much less along with other very interesting products.
Hide Facial Stretch Marks with Foundation
To effectively cover stretch marks with makeup, the first advice is to choose professional cosmetics designed to cover scars: do not use only normal cosmetics for face makeup because it risks being easily removed, giving a result that is anything but effective. and covering. I’m talking about products such as:
- Correctors for professional scars such as those from Dermacol or Dermablend from Vichy;
- Fixing powders;
- An angled sponge or cat’s tongue brush;
- A Kabuki brush;
To be clear, with Dermacol products you get results of this kind:
Once you have everything to hide stretch marks with foundation, use the following procedure:
- Soften the skin with a layer of moisturiser and let it absorb;
- With a sponge or brush, take some concealer and spread it on the stretch mark without exaggerating, in order to obtain a natural effect. For best results you can blend the concealer with your fingers or another sponge;
- With a Kabuki brush, take a little translucent powder and pass it over the entire area of the stretch marks in order to create a compact and as natural effect as possible.
To save money compared to perfumery or pharmacy you can find the best products on Amazon at lower prices:
Hide Stretch Marks on Your Thighs with Airbrush Makeup
A little known but very effective solution to hide stretch marks is the use of the makeup airbrush kit. This technique can be performed by the beautician or at home if equipped with an airbrush. It is a very effective method because the tool allows you to spread the foundation evenly with ease, obtaining a very natural result.
Here are the Step by Step Instructions:
- First of all, it is good to prepare the skin by rinsing it with warm water and doing a scrub in order to make it as smooth as possible.
- Then soften the skin with a dollop of moisturiser and let it absorb;
- Then choose a foundation that is as similar as possible to your skin and pour it into the container of the airbrush ;
- Before spraying it on the skin I recommend trying the airbrush on a napkin so that impurities or small lumps of foundation come out instantly.
- At a distance of about 15 cm from the skin, spray the foundation with the airbrush making circular movements from the outside to the inside of the thigh.
- Allow makeup to absorb and dry. Now you will be ready for a nice day at the beach!
How to Cover Stretch Marks with Self-Tanner and Take a Carefree Bath?
One of the best remedies to cover stretch marks, especially in the summer when you want to sunbathe on the beach, is to use self-tanner as it will minimise the contrast between healthy skin and scar tissue. It is especially great if you love to take a bath: the water would make practically any other type of makeup come off !
We report a trick learned from a friend in difficulty on a forum: if you spread the self-tanner directly on the surrounding areas as well as on the stretch marks it is logical that the scars will always remain lighter than the intact skin. So here’s how:
- Apply the self-tanner with the help of a cotton swab, acting only on the stretch mark , in order to bring it back to the colour of the surrounding skin.
- Leave on for 15 minutes;
- Press with a tissue without rubbing;
- The next day apply some self-tanner on healthy skin to try to equalise the colour
- Repeat every 3 or 4 days;